Reopening Monday, May 18:
We are so very excited to announce that we are once again able to provide dental services for you, our valued patient. Finally, the County of LA provided written guidance today that we may resume dentistry, including regular and preventive hygiene visits. We will be open for business starting this coming Monday, May 18, 2020. We will prioritize patients next week that were in mid treatment when we were closed down, or broke a tooth or are experiencing any dental issues since. The following week of May 26th, we will resume regularly scheduled dental hygiene appointments.
We hope this letter finds you and your loved ones in good health. Our community has been through much over the past few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Our commitment to patient safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Additional infection control procedures have been implemented in our practice as recommendations made by the American Dental Association, CDC, and OSHA. We constantly monitor these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued to ensure maximum patient safety.
What has changed is that we ask your cooperation with the following:
- Please call us at 310-548-2830 upon your arrival and wait in your car until we call or text you that we are ready. Any additional people who are with you should wait in your car for the duration of your appointment.
- Patients will be screened with a Covid-19 health form to be completed on your computer or phone in advance, as to keep those high-risk patients and/or those with cold or flu-like symptoms safely at home.
- Patients and team members will have their temperature measured before entering the work area.
- Upon entering, you will be asked to sanitize your hands. Additionally, we are requesting you sanitize your hands before re-entering the business areas.
- At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with a mouth rinse which has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- We’re using CaviCide™ throughout our office after each patient. It is the most powerful sanitizing agent available for eliminating germs, bacteria, and viruses. CaviCide™ has FDA approval and is the number one surface disinfectant in the dental industry. It is trusted by leading infection control experts and is strong enough to kill E. Coli, MRSA, Staph, Listeria, Human Coronavirus, TB, Hepatitis B Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, HIV, viruses (hydrophilic and lipophilic), bacteria (including MRSA and VRE), and fungi. We have always used this product, but we thought you would like to know one of the ways we complete comprehensive disinfection after every patient.
Thank you for being our patient and for the tremendous support you have given us through the years and this crisis. We genuinely appreciate your confidence in us. Please call or email us ([email protected]) to set up your next appointment. We very much look forward to seeing you, your family, and your friends soon. We miss you!
Dr. Victoria Shook and the Shook Dental Care team