In the past few months, we have seen some good news about the ongoing fight against COVID-19. Two vaccines have been granted emergency use approval, and a few more may be approved soon.
Still, the pandemic is not over yet. We still need to be careful, including social distancing and wearing masks when around other people. That’s not possible when you are receiving dental care, but you should know that our team is doing all we can to make your appointments as safe as possible at Shook Dental Care.
We have implemented a number of new protocols in place to minimize the spread while allowing you to maintain your oral health or to address dental problems.
You can learn more details below about our approach in San Pedro, CA. Take a moment to read them, then call 310-982-6333 to make an appointment with us.
Keep You Safe While Caring for You
We recognize the Californians are well aware of the impact COVID-19 continues to have on our daily lives. Even so, your general health — including your oral health — remains important. Whether you need emergency care or preventive services (to avoid dental emergencies), our team wants to help you and your loved ones. The protocols we have put in allow us to continue our work for you.
Here are some things you should know about before you make your appointment:
- When you arrive, call 310-340-1890 us from your car. We will call or text you when we are ready for you. If additional people are with you, they should wait in your car during your appointment.
- Before coming in, you should complete the COVID-19 screening form. If you are at high-risk for COVID or are displaying cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay at home for now.
- When you come into the building, you will need to complete a temperature check and sanitize your hands. (If your temperature is high, you may need to reschedule your appointment.)
- You will be asked to pre-rinse with a mouth rinse which has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties before receiving care.
- We also are requesting you sanitize your hands before re-entering the business areas.
Last but not least, we are taking steps every day and between each appointment to keep our office as sanitary as possible. CaviCide™ is a powerful sanitizing agent used to eliminate germs, bacteria, and viruses. It has FDA approval and is considered the number one surface disinfectant in the dental industry.
CaviCide is trusted by leading infection control experts. It is strong enough to kill E. Coli, MRSA, Staph, Listeria, Human Coronavirus, TB, Hepatitis B Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, HIV, viruses (hydrophilic and lipophilic), bacteria (including MRSA and VRE), and fungi. We have always used this product, but we thought you would like to know one of the ways we complete comprehensive disinfection after every patient.
Contact Us Today
Whether you have additional questions or you are ready to schedule an appointment, we welcome you to contact us today. Call Shook Dental Care at 310-982-6333 or fill out our online form to reach our office in San Pedro, CA.