The color of your teeth is one of the first things people notice about your smile. If your smile looks dingy, they’ll notice. Fortunately, teeth whitening in San Pedro will get your pearly whites looking a lot more pearly.Dr. Victoria Shook on Teeth Whitening at Shook Dental Care Read Transcript
People always ask me, “Why should I bleach my teeth in-office rather than get some over-the-counter product?” Over-the-counter products, I have found with my patients—the strips—they can irritate the gums, cause some sensitivity and people aren't compliant. They buy that stuff over the counter and they start off strong and then they don't finish it, they don't use. Then they're not so happy with their results.
When you go to a dentist and you have your teeth bleached in a dental office, we do it for you. You lay back in the chair and we do the work for you. It's painless, and there's no sensitivity, and it's the closest thing to a spa treatment in the dental chair—it’s fun. Sometimes my patients want to go a little whiter and so we recommend that you piggyback the laser treatment with take-home trays. You can go a little whiter or you can maintain it every six months. It's a good idea to maintain your bleaching treatment with take-home trays because as we age or depending on our diet or genetics, our teeth darken. If you maintain it, then you never have to do an in-house bleaching treatment again.
Our professional teeth whitening will:
- Get your teeth whiter than products sold at drugstores
- Offer you a choice of three different whitening methods
- Boost your confidence
- Provide fast whitening if you need it
- Make your smile look years younger
Choose From Three Teeth Whitening Options
We know everyone has different teeth whitening needs. So we offer three ways for you to brighten your smile:
- Zoom In-Office Whitening – This in-office treatment will give you a dramatically whiter smile in a single visit – up to eight shades whiter for many of our patients. Our team will do all the whitening work for you while you sit back and unwind with a neck pillow and warm towel.
- Zoom At-Home Whitening – This treatment is just as effective, and it enables you to whiten when it is most convenient for you. Whiten first thing in the morning, at lunch, before you head off to bed, or while you sleep. Dr. Victoria Shook can provide specifics for the most effective home whitening regimen.
- Biolase Laser Whitening – This procedure is our fastest teeth whitening treatment. In as little as 20 minutes, you can have a smile that is four to six shades whiter.
Drugstore Whitening Isn’t as Effective as Professional Teeth Whitening
If you’ve tried whitening your smile with a kit you purchased at a drugstore, you were probably less than impressed with your results. Whether you choose laser whitening or one of our two Zoom options, the bleaching agent we use contains a far higher concentration of whitening ingredients than over-the-counter products. Our at-home whitening is also easier to use than the messy strips or flimsy trays that come from the drugstore.
Confused by all the options for teeth whitening in San Pedro? We’ll help you pick the one that is just right for your smile. Call 310-982-6333 to schedule an appointment.