- Free Invisalign consultations
- $500 discount with Smile Savings Plan
- Experienced dentist and team
When kids have crooked teeth, metal braces are often used to straighten them. As an adult patient of Shook Dental Care, you have a much more discreet orthodontic option. Invisalign in San Pedro allows you to straighten your teeth without announcing to the world that you are doing it.Invisalign by Shook Dental Care in San Pedro, CA by Dr. Victoria Shook Read Transcript
Invisalign is a wonderful orthodontic treatment that is more comfortable for people, adults for example, who cannot tolerate brackets, wires, that want something that's comfortable, want something that's invisible, that they can work with and go to meetings and business meetings. Nobody is going to know that they are having orthodontic treatment.
It's a commitment, Invisalign. You have to wear your aligners as directed by your dentist. It's easy to eat because you take them out when you eat. You take them out when you brush and floss your teeth and you put them back in. They're removable when you want to brush and floss, which is fantastic, because it's really challenging for people to floss under the wires and to brush. Regular braces catches food. If you're a candidate for Invisalign, it's a really wonderful option.
Unlike braces, there are no brackets and wires. Instead, you’ll wear a series of clear aligners. Since they’re practically invisible in your smile, most people probably won’t even realize you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment!
In addition to their low-profile appearance, Invisalign aligners are:
- More Comfortable Than Braces – The smooth plastic aligners won’t poke, pinch, or cut the inside of your mouth, so they are more comfortable to wear than metal braces. Unlike braces, you won’t need uncomfortable adjustments.
- More Convenient Than Braces – Once metal braces are on, they stay on until you finish treatment. That means you eat with them and brush and floss with them. Invisalign treatment gives you the freedom to take off your aligners when you eat and when you clean your teeth. So no foods are off limits, and you won’t have to alter your oral hygiene routine.
- Faster Than Braces – Metal braces can take anywhere from two to three years to straighten your teeth. Invisalign aligners can cut that time in half. In fact, many patients at Shook Dental Care complete their treatment in as few as 12 months.
Using our Invisalign Outcome Simulator, Dr. Victoria Shook can show you exactly what your new smile will look like before your treatment begins. Come in and talk to her about what Invisalign aligners can do for your smile. Call 310-982-6333 to schedule your FREE consultation so we can start creating your healthy and beautiful smile together. Members of our Smile Savings Plan receive $500 off their Invisalign treatment.
We Design Your Individualized Invisalign Treatment With 3D Software
No two smiles are the same, so no two Invisalign treatments will be exactly the same. Dr. Shook will examine you, take photos and digital impressions of your teeth, then use 3D software to design your treatment plan and determine the number of aligners you need. The information goes to a special Invisalign lab that manufactures your aligners.
When your aligners arrive, we’ll check the fit of the first one and review your treatment plan with you. You’ll wear your aligners for at least 20 hours each day, then move to the next aligner in your series after two weeks. You’ll maintain this routine until you are finished with your series of dental aligners. That’s all that is standing between you and a beautiful new smile!
Perfect Your Smile With Other Cosmetic Dental Services
Once your teeth are straight, you may be interested in further smile beautification with some of our other cosmetic dental services:
- Teeth Whitening – Remove surface and intrinsic stains for a whiter, brighter smile.
- Dental Veneers – Cover flaws with these versatile dental restorations.
- Teeth Contouring – Reshape teeth to correct flaws like uneven edges or pointy canines.
- Gum Reshaping – Get the right balance between teeth and gums with this procedure.
- Dental Bonding – Correct minor imperfections with an application of tooth-colored resin composite.