No matter how well you brush, it’s tough to get all your teeth completely clean. Regular dental cleanings and exams in San Pedro are vital to maintaining a wonderful smile. They also give us an opportunity to catch problems like cavities in their earliest stages, when they are easiest to treat.Patients' First Visit at Shook Dental Care by Dr. Victoria Shook Read Transcript
The first time that you come to my office as a patient, it's going to be a little longer appointment. You're going to spend a lot of time with me: I like to do a full set of x-rays, I like to do a full exam, I like to go through your health history, I like to do a full head and neck exam, I like to look at all of your teeth, I like to hear what you have to say, your chief complaint about your teeth, and we go from there. Then I offer you treatment options. I encourage regular comprehensive dental care, and then we go from there.
In addition to this early intervention, during your dental exams we will:
- Remove surface stains so your smile looks and feels fantastic
- Get to know your personal preferences so we can create treatment plans uniquely suited to you
- Suggest preventive treatments to keep your teeth healthy
- Address all your questions
You only get one smile in your life. Let our experienced dental cleaning team make sure that it lasts. Call 310-982-6333 today to schedule your next appointment.
Expect Thorough Attention at Your Dental Exam
If this is your first time with us, you will need to fill out your new patient paperwork. We’ll help you create an account on our user-friendly patient portal before your appointment so you can fill out the forms online if you’d like. This saves time, so you can spend less time in our waiting room and more time with Dr. Victoria Shook.
Here’s what you can expect at your dental exam:
- We’ll take digital X-rays and, if needed, digital photos to get a more detailed picture of your current dental condition.
- You’ll receive a thorough dental cleaning that gets all the areas brushing can miss. Feel free to ask us for a warm blanket or neck pillow so you’re more comfortable in our chair. We even have massage chairs in our operatories!
- Dr. Shook will go over your mouth, looking for any sign of potential issues. She’ll also give you an oral cancer screening.
- We can discuss a treatment plan if you need further care to get your smile back to a beautiful, healthy state.
We recommend scheduling dental cleanings and exams in San Pedro every six months. If it’s time for your next one, call Shook Dental Care at 310-982-6333.