Your gum health is crucial to the appearance of your smile. Don’t let gum disease threaten your smile! Let us provide nonsurgical gum disease treatment in San Pedro that will rid your gums of the infection. With options ranging from traditional scaling and root planing to modern laser therapy, your smile will be better off after a visit to Shook Dental Care.Dr. Victoria Shook on Non-Surgical Gum Disease Treatment Read Transcript
It's really important to address gum disease. Gum disease is a real problem. It can lead to tooth loss. It can lead to bone loss. If you lose too much bone and you lose your teeth prematurely, it makes it harder for implants. It's the foundation for the teeth—we want to keep the foundation intact. In my office, if you have severe gum disease, we offer scaling and root planing. We offer more frequent recall appointments. We encourage the home care. There's also laser-assisted therapy too, that helps with some patients. It's a non-surgical treatment. It's shown to really reduce the inflammation and reduce the amount of bacteria and really help control the gum disease. It's all about controlling the gum disease and helping keep the attachments intact.
Our treatment will:
- Give you a more attractive smile
- Stop bleeding gums and other unpleasant symptoms
- Prevent the bone deterioration that can result in tooth loss
- Remove infection before it can spread and cause further health issues
If you suspect you may have gum disease, call 310-982-6333 today to schedule your dental appointment.
With or Without a Laser, We’ll Help You Have a Healthier Mouth
Because gum disease is easier and less expensive to treat in its earliest stages, Dr. Victoria Shook looks for signs of it during every dental exam. She and her experienced staff offer two effective ways to take control of your gum health:
- Laser Therapy – Laser gum disease treatment offers a painless way to clear the excess bacteria from your mouth and give your gums a chance to heal. Laser therapy is also a great way to prevent gum disease. Ask Dr. Shook about laser therapy during your regular dental cleanings.
- Scaling and Root Planing – A traditional gum disease treatment, this deep cleaning method will remove the bacteria-causing plaque and tartar from along your gumline and even under your gums. Any rough spots on your gums are smoothed so they are ready to support healthy new gum growth in the area.
Don’t Ignore Any Gum Disease Symptoms
Many people seek help if they experience bleeding gums while brushing teeth or at other times. While bleeding is a common symptom of gum disease, it’s not the only one. You may also notice:
- Chronic bad breath
- Gums that look bright red
- Teeth that appear longer
- Teeth that feel loose
Nonsurgical gum disease treatment in San Pedro will make your gums – and your whole mouth – feel better. Call Shook Dental Care at 310-982-6333 to get rid of gum disease.