Removing your natural teeth is always going to be the last choice by your trusted dentist. At Shook Dental Care, we will do all we can to save the life of your real teeth. However, there are times when tooth extractions in San Pedro may be necessary to keep the rest of your healthy teeth safe.Tooth Extractions by Dr. Victoria Shook of Shook Dental Care Read Transcript
When it comes to tooth extractions, we want to go in there and remove the diseased tooth—the broken tooth with as little trauma to the patient as possible. I always joke with people and tell them, "I'm using more of my brain than my brawn."
If tooth removal is necessary, you needn’t worry. We’ll make sure your extraction goes well with:
- A dentist who has more than 20 years of experience in gently removing teeth
- Effective local anesthesia to numb your mouth so you won’t feel a thing
- Amenities like warm towels and neck pillows so you’ll remain comfortable while we work
If you think you may need a tooth extraction, call us at 310-982-6333 today.
We Make a Tooth Extraction as Stress-Free as Possible
To determine whether you need an extraction, Dr. Victoria Shook will examine your mouth, take digital images, and help you decide on the right course of action. If we can avoid a tooth extraction, we will. If we can’t, we will set up your extraction procedure.
Before the tooth removal, we will thoroughly numb the area surrounding your tooth with local anesthesia. Once you are totally numb, Dr. Shook will use special instruments to gently remove your tooth. We don’t want you to feel stressed about tooth loss. We offer a number of tooth replacement options to help you refill your smile, and we’ll help you decide which one will work best for you:
- Dental Bridge – We can anchor a bridge to your own teeth or to dental implants.
- Digital Dentures – Digital technology helps us provide a perfect fit and repair or replace dentures in a hurry if necessary.
- Dental Implants – These function much like your natural tooth roots, keeping replacement teeth firmly secured while preventing the bone loss that normally occurs without the stimulation your roots provide to your jaw.
Tooth extractions in San Pedro shouldn’t be traumatic – and they aren’t at Shook Dental Care. Call us at 310-982-6333 to schedule an exam.